Tuesday, April 22, 2008

our little 1 year old

A year has flown by and I can't believe it! No matter how hard I tried to slow down all those sweet baby moments...they inevitably flew by. It has been a wonderfully blessed year with Maria, one full of wonder and awe, tons of learning all around, and some of the sweetest most priceless moments one could ever imagine. Thanks to everyone who helped make her birthday special! Here are a few pics from her birthday party on Sunday and then her actual birthday on Monday.









for her birthday I let her have a whole ice cream sandwich as her "cake"...she was in heaven!

here she is with her "Daddy Doll", one of our presents to her. a couple of military moms started the idea of making dolls with pictures of the parent that was away during deployments...as you can tell, it's quite a hit with Maria! :)

3 comments:

Hinckley said...

Yeah! Happy Birthday, Maria! And Congrats to Mommy...you survived a year of outside-the-womb mommying. :)

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Maria! The daddy doll is awesome! What a great idea. Praying for you all.

Matt, Emily, Tobin, & Heidi said...

She is too cute for words. The daddy doll is priceless. I hope you guys are all settled in now. By the way, that's a good looking armchair in the back of one of those pictures! :)