Sunday, September 23, 2012

and I baptize you...

...in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.  Amen.

There really is no smell more wonderful than that of Chrism oil on an infant's head.  I'm pretty certain Heaven itself will smell the same.  And when I get there and the whole place smells like Chrism oil, I will remember the perfect sweet beauty of my babes in this hand-stitched heirloom gown.  Lila is now the 11th cousin to wear it.

Doning such a delicate little gown (with 2 pieces and tiny buttons) can be perfectly exhausting!

So it's always a good idea to have a humorous Dada around for comic relief!


Oh to be so loved.

I am in love with the new parish we've found.  This little unassuming church is creating a new notion of 'Virginia' for me.  As soon as we learn of a new move, I always look up the Catholic churches in the area.  This one didn't come up in my search.  We happened to be at a standstill in 4th of July traffic, at 10 o'clock at night, right in front of their sign.   I am so grateful for that traffic that I had originally dreaded!  

And this here priest, Fr Mike, well, he's a.maz.ing!  He became totally blind at the age of 6 due to an illness he suffered.  He's incredibly candid, an evangelist, has a rather pointed sense of humor, and is rather amazing at creating a sense of community.


Maria is missing from most of our Baptism pictures.  She was busy... hiding these flowers from view.  Silly me thought she had picked them to share/celebrate Lila's Baptism.  Nope!  She spent nearly the entire time, hiding in the pews so no one would see her flowers.  Oh the brain of my little Maria-child!

Here she is informing me of the current 'situation'.  (Thanks, Amanda, for capturing these little moments!)

I couldn't resist just one more.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

where to begin with this lovely post. Absolutely LOVE, love, love the photo of Maria with the adorable bundle of wildflowers behind her back. Precious. So glad that you found a religious family that you love so much. I would imagine that would be the anchor that you need in a new community. Jena, you look terrific! And...I noticed Ms. Camilly's hair is getting sooooo long.

mohundro mom said...

You noticed correctly, Camilly's hair is soooo long! She might be getting a cute little bob soon by request of Dada. But I'm afraid to trim away those curls! And yes, the community of St Joan's is a wonderful anchor for me. I'm so glad to be blogging again! But I need some pointers from you!