Saturday, October 11, 2008

potty training 101

A few weeks back it was potty training... 101. After 2 weeks of telling me every time she pooped ("I poo") and occassionaly when she peed ("I pee pee"), I decided to give potty training a go. We spent 3 days on basic lock-down, with lots of outside activities, totting our potty from the front yard to the back yard to the living room.

And then I gave up. Well, not really gave up rather I made an executive Mommy decision. After 3 days she was still peeing every 15 minutes after drinking and could only manage to tell me she "pee pee" once she had already started. And although she could stop and make a dash for the potty, I realized that perhaps the mechanisms just weren't all in place yet. The general idea was that she at least should've been able to hold it for a bit longer than 15 minutes at a time. Can you tell I feel somewhat guilty for throwing in the towel? We plan to give it a try again soon... So I'll keep you posted on potty training 102.

In the meantime, here are some super funny photos of things I discovered in the potty!


First things first... she had to see how her toys fit.


Then she mastered her method for "sitting" on the potty.


The first night as I passed the bathroom door after putting her down for bed... I found baby Meghan checking out the potty!


On day 2 apparently baby Meghan had mastered the art of pottying!


And on day 3 we sought desperate last ditch prayer aid from Mama Mary!

2 comments:

AgKB said...

So glad to see baby Meghan is so excited about potty time. Maybe that's what is wrong with the world....

Anonymous said...

OMG - I am seriously LOL at the baby doll on the potty pics and captions... when i finally catch my breath, you throw out the last one too... laughing again... yea, she was praying... praying the madness would stop and her mom would put a diaper back on her!!