Sunday, October 3, 2010

it's finished!!!

Really, I feel like proclaiming that line from the Gospel, "It is finished." Is that sacrilegious? But really...it's the truth! :-) I definitely did a bit of a jig :: Ma-hia's quilt is finished! Ma-hia's quilt is finished! A labor of love.

first there was a pile of this :: the trimmings to 'square' up the quilt (which required a large space to spread it out on)

then there was a pile of this :: finally pieced together and ironed the binding

back to the machine :: I furiously sewed and sewed to attach the binding


finally!

the best part :: Maria caught my enthusiasm and is super excited to sleep under her quilt! Don't call it a blanket, or you will be reprimanded... it's her quilt! Love that girl. :-)

And on the last couple of days of sewing, she would say, "I'll go play, Mom. You stay here and finish my quilt." She's the best. :-)

Note to self :: Regardless of love, never make a larger than queen sized quilt... especially when it's only your 2nd ever quilting project. I guess it's a good thing my next quilt will be my 3rd! lol ;-)

3 comments:

Matt, Emily, Tobin, & Heidi said...

Oh Jena...I just gasped when I saw this. I'm in awe of you! I absolutely adore the rick-rack along the sides. Way to go, friend! I'm celebrating with you!!

Elizabeth said...

That's A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Good work, Jena! Maria looks just a little bit excited. :)

Sarah Kenney said...

I love the blank.....I mean QUILT! Sheesh, almost a whoopsie! It is so lovely with the fresh colors of yellows and greens. What an incredible keepsake. I have Madeleine's (with a pink nail polish stain) and Riley's (tattered through and through) and I love looking at them. Of course, I didn't MAKE them like talented you. Love u.