a sewing day!!!
Maria has a definite love for scissors. And fabric. (She's always trying to thieve my fabric for some 'project' of hers!) However, sewing doesn't so much come up on her radar. (I guess she is, afterall, only 3!)
But then - she discovered a new little pattern I have for doll dresses. Which in turn led to, "Baby Mar-fa (Martha) needs a new jumper Mommy." (repeat these phrase until it reaches a whiney pitch. ;-D)

I did what any crafty Mama who would love to raise a crafty child would do. I let her sort through a bag of scrap fabric and pic 2 favorites. I helped her pin the pattern to the dress. And I turned her loose with her scissors, the pattern, and the fabric. (Good thing I have multiple copies of said pattern!)

I promised myself I would sew whatever she cut out... somehow I would sew it together.... and make it look like a 'jumper'. (There were lots of "oops" moments as she
tried to follow along the lines.) So that's just what I/we did. (She lasted approximately 2 minutes at the machine.)

The results. Mar-fa wasn't really in the mood to show off her new duds. I think Camille's grin makes up for Mar-fa's temporary funk. :-D (And if you think Martha looks like a sausage in her 'jumper'... it's b/c she does! The pattern is for the skinny little 15 inch tall dolls I make.)
2 comments:
This bottom photo is hilarious. Camille is completely unfettered by the commotion above. I love it. Her grin is so silly. I like the jumper BTW...because Maria made it. I can just picture her furrowed little eyebrows. I wish I could "come to muy wooom to tow u tumting!!"
Penni! You and JD both capture Maria's missed/added syllables so well when typing! I can never seem to capture her 'language' in a written format. :-)
Post a Comment