Sunday, December 16, 2012

learning

I love this phase.  It might be my favorite.  (But I'm pretty certain I say that about every phase!)

They turn 2 and all of this magical learning begins.  Their little minds expand and begin to inquire and add so much to the world around them.



While Camilly isn't quite yet counting to a million (or even a trillion, if you've read the book), she is counting.  "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ...8910!" That's her typical hide-n-go-seek count. :)  No number 7 and break-neck-speed counting for 8, 9, and 10.  We've even heard an "eleven-teen", which was our favorite number of Maria's.   


Blocks are her favorite item at the moment.  Building, stringing, counting, sorting them.... which means she's also a master of colors and shapes (except for that diamond, she just can't figure it out).  Maria actually taught her her shapes during the summer; it was quite adorable.  She's a fast learner this one, absorbing everything like a sponge... especially what her big sister says is important.  


Ree says Camille's favorite colors are yellow and orange.  Yellow was the first color she knew (when requesting a sucker at the doctor's office back in Texas).  However, again there's that whole big/little sister connection.  I've learned in recent weeks that if I find Maria's favored pink and purple combination in an item, I'd better buy the same pink and purple for 'Meal'.  Pink being #1 for these Mohundro girls.




We all learn from the world around us, and I just can't get enough of this particular moment.  It was hilarious. 

 "My baby need milk, Mommy."  

And off she went to turn her back to the rest of us and feed her baby!!  Her baby was then set in the stroller next to sleeping Lila.  Then her baby needed milk again.  Keep repeating the process.  I was in stitches!


And here's this little flower child of our's, hanging out, soaking it all up herself.... waiting for her turn to count to eleven-teen, to claim pink and purple as the only acceptable colors, to sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider instead of eating supper.  However for now, I will soak up her cooing and bubble-making and do my best to keep her a baby.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Merry Xmas to the Mohundro girls!! What fun years to gather around the Christmas tree. The photo of Camille 'nourishing' her baby is about the cutest thing ever. Yes! Pink and purple reign...I remember that combination well. Now, at the mature age of 18, it's grey, cream, taupe, grey, grey, grey...ha!