Wednesday was the beginning of 5 days of running the ship solo while the hubby was away playing G.I.Joe. He does a lot around here, but I figured we'd be just fine... I've done whole months (like 12 of them) at a time. What's 5 days? It's a lot. And with a revolving door of sick littles and a sick Mama, a newborn, and school... and yeah. Notice I took 2 extra days of recovery?
In a friend's words (Hi, Elizabeth!), "At least no one got kicked off the island."
In honor of -said amazing man in my life- here's some overdue photos from his bday celebration!
What has become our annual making (and licking) of his favored, Boston Cream Pie.
She's getting big, this girl of mine... and quite the kitchen helper!
That little white candle behind the numbers... It sings. :)
lots of helpers,
lots of goodness.
Yesterday morning, Maria told Dada that he needed to check with his teacher... to make certain he didn't have to go on any more 'long business trips'. We love him.
Oh yeah, and no one should miss the day that he went to school with a 'faux hawk'.

2 comments:
It makes you appreciate them so much more... and 12 months? You are the real hero, mama!
Hysterical that he and Patrick love Boston Cream Pie! I'll bet the 'faux' will be memory maker for sure!!
Post a Comment