A decent amount of snow, endless cozy fires, countless mugs of hot tea, and my project list helplessly continues to lengthen! This is a good sign that we are finally settled in! I thought I'd share a bit of my little Mommy world... the part when I'm not on 'Mommy duty'. ;) Just for funsies :D
Ria's quilt is finally back at my sewing machine! Wahoo! Many many months were spent cutting and piecing it together in Louisiana (by machine, not hand). Then with all the moving, I lost my momentum. Finally, it is wedged somewhat permanently under my machine for a LOT (Jon-David's estimate is 600 miles of thread!) of meandering stitches to make it a 'quilt'. Next step, binding. Not there yet!
You should always listen to your mom. And when she pokes fun at you for wearing little 1940's style aprons that aren't going to keep things from splashing on your clothes... don't be stubborn, just switch to regular aprons! haha After 2 ruined shirts, I decided it was time I heeded Mom's advice! Here's my latest creation which I made from one of my favorite fabrics and used one of Maw Maw's old smock buttons to close it (rather than tying it at the neck). :)
One of my odd little ventures. I absolutely despise the little plastic bags that fruit and veggies come in from the grocery story. Therefore, I created my own little breathable bags for storing things in the fridge (wish I could actually bring them to the store). Ridiculous, but I like it! Ree's been on a spinach kick so the bag has been getting lots of use. :)
I'm FINALLY finishing all of our kitchen chairs! Yet another project begun in Louisiana that lost momentum with the moves. We purchased 6 kitchen chairs, and I immediately stained 4 of them for use. Staining wood is a pain in the bum. I like mismatched furniture. And so Jon-D finally agreed to let me paint the remaining two chairs! hehe Even better, he read and hung out with me while I painted them. :)
One thing I love about this house, I have the perfect little out of the way sewing space. Therefore I finally added the 'inspiration board' that I've been longing to put up! It already has quite a few more additions; I love it!
My little chalkboards! Also while in LA, I discovered chalkboard paint... and fell in love! I far prefer chalk to dry erase. Who didn't grow up playing school with a mini chalkboard? ;) Anywho, this is a fabulously fun way to keep up with what needs to get done... and um, all those endless fun projects!
A little over a year ago, I discovered Shaklee's cleaning products, and I've been very impressed. However, the products outside their cleaning line can be a bit pricey... and you have to remember to order them before you run out. Therefore I'm checking out 7th Generation's products and behind the scenes world. Anyone know much about them? Any suggestions for greener friendly cleaning/laundry/dishwashing products?
Keen! Just a little shout out to my new found shoe maker! Super fun, decently priced, slightly off the beaten path shoes! And the best part? I've made a convert of my 'non-granola' husband! hehe (The pair in the middle are his, not mine.)
Disclaimer: Keen can never replace a good pair of Chaco sandals... just needed some 'cold weather' shoes! ;)
Well that's all from me for now, back to more of Maria. ;) Just felt like sharing. :)
2 comments:
I love you, Jena!
Your chairs look great. Loving the fruit/veggie bags and your apron. Oh yea, and the inspiration board!
Yay the quilt is back! Can't wait to see the completed decor of M's room when its ready to go in :) (PS Mike would be so proud of both of you- he is a fan of Keen)
Post a Comment