Saturday, May 10, 2008

at last...

At last at last at last!!! We started "teaching" Maria sign language when she was about 7 months old, as that was when I had read babies could start learning it. Apparently we have a slow learner (just kidding!). I was feeling quite frustrated with the whole process, but was renewed in my efforts after seeing a friend's kid use it. Right around when she turned one, she started using "all done." I was ecstatic. Then last Friday, while out at a restaurant with friends, she just started doing "more" and "eat"!!! (show off) I was beyond ecstatic!!! Finally our hard work (and lengthy eating/teaching sessions) has paid off! I would recommend this to any parents. It's wonderful for her to be able to "speak" to me even though she doesn't have words yet. (It's definitely cut down on the tantrums.) Wahoo baby sign language!


"more"


"all done"

No comments: