Saturday, May 10, 2008

rain rain, come and stay!

A couple of weeks ago we decided to take advantage of Maria's new birthday water toys... and the warm Southern rainy day! Bored inside, I figured even as sweet as she is, the rain wouldn't melt her! (sorry for the cheeziness, but I couldn't resist) So we donned our swimsuits, drug the water toys outside, and had some fun in the light rain. :D

Lacking a pool (I must make a visit to the local WallieWorld), we made good use of her sandcastle bucket. We had fun dunking things in it, pouring it all over, and just splashing around! She loves splashing in the dog's water bowl (outside and inside, grr), so legal play in a bucket of water was all she needed for a grandiose time!


With her crawling and already low position to the ground ;), she wasn't quite sure what to make of the sprinkler... but was very curious. I eventually held my hand over the stream she was nearest and then she was able to explore this odd water contraption more closely! Her faces were priceless!

And where there's water and a baby, there must be a puppy! Audrey at last was able to "bother" Maria in her water bucket rather than the other way around. :)

No comments: