Friday, August 15, 2008

beach bums!














telling ocean secrets ;) (Please note that her adorable hat did not last beyond this picture.)

Ah! I've been meaning to post these pictures for forever! Back in May Maria and I went with some friends to a nearby beach/island in Mississippi, called Ship Island. Gotta love living near the coast!

It turned out to be quite an adventure where I found a new follower to my philosophy - "Hope is a method". (haha to my hubby ;) ) Our roadtrip was full of detours and good conversation, as well as Skylar (age 4) feeding "the baby"(Maria) her fries and handing her her cork when she cried. :D On the ferry ride we sighted the infamous dolphins, and after 1/3 of a mile hike down the pier, we plopped ourselves near the water and never moved! Maria LOVED the ocean waves but was not quite as keen on the sand... apparently it wasn't to her "tasting"!














wahoo waves! (Check out that grin!)













girly sandcastle fun (M did eventually come around to the fun of playing in the sand.)













ah... relief from that annoying gritty sand!













Love u Dada!... now can I eat the message?













mommies and their girls / ferry ride home (Thanks to TiLee for sending M a cute beach dress just in time for our trip!)

No comments: