The Friday before Maria's birthday, Camilly and I accompanied her class on a field trip. Camille was over the moon about having her own lunch box, joining Maria's entire class (she's sort of a celebrity there...really, they all attack her with hugs and kisses when we visit), and well, having her own lunch box. She took inventory of its contents for the 45th time while we waited for the Kindergarteners to arrive. (Might I add that we waited beneath the most fabulous purple tree.)
Finally the buses pulled in, and after all of the fan-fair of hellos from Maria's classmates....
These two were the best of buds, from the beginning...
to the end of our trip to our often visited Virginia Living Museum.
It was a complete joy to be part of this little Kindergarten experience. They split the kids up and each parent/teacher took a group around the museum. We spent most of our time in the new Children's Garden, complete with the most adorable hobbit house.
It was a most eye opening experience as I realized that not all of these kiddos have sat and fed ducks or watched turtles sunbathe on logs. It was humbling to receive their little hands into mine as we rotated buddies, each one eager to hold 'Maria's Mom's' hand. We also now own a mint plant. One of Ree's buddies shared with me that his favorite thing to do when they lived in Ohio (Army kiddos here), was to put fresh mint from their garden into his lemonade. Yum!
At the end of our trip, we had a picnic sort of lunch outside. And while I still haven't captured that 'perfect' photo of these two, I will share this one. Alex is Maria's absolute best buddy. He's Camille's best buddy. Heck, he's even Dada's best buddy because when he joined us for movie night they were in agreement over the movie selection (against us girls). But really, she couldn't have found a better more perfect best buddy. I could go on, but then I fear that it would sound as if I'm already marrying her off! Just the same, we're all very grateful that these two have had each other for their transition into the world of Kindergarten.







1 comment:
That main photo at the top is almost tooooooo much cuteness to digest. Oh, that little curly top in the middle! Kindergarten field trips! So many fond memories of outings to the pumpkin patch, petting farms, little museums. So wonderful that you could volunteer and bring Camille along with you.
Post a Comment