We made a few "grandparent" detours in route from San Antonio to Virginia. Here's our 'hillbilly' caravan saying goodbye from Nana and Pa's in Louisiana. (1 car in tow + several (or maybe lots) of plants under a homemade wooden cover in the back of the pickup + 1 large dog + 1 fat cat + 1 2 year old + 2 adults = a long journey!)
We spent about 2 weeks living in a hotel once we arrived in Virginia. (It was a 'short notice' move, thus we did not have housing lined up.) I hit up the craft section in Target and Maria and I spent some cold days inside making Christmas decorations, painting magnets, etc.


The wee one is a very good hider! I found her in hiding in the lavatory cabinet, pillow and all with the door shut! :) I'm pretty certain she could have fun in a box!
During our hotel stint, Aunt Mi and Uncle Tom offered us a reprieve from hotel life, and we headed up to Maryland... where we experienced our second real snow! Maria and Aidan had a grand time eating it and throwing snowballs!
And hooray for snow of our very own!!! We had 2 days in a row of constant snowing and then it stuck on the ground for about 5 days... making it our first 'white Christmas'! (Here's the new abode and Maria wandering around in our backyard. :D)
1 comment:
go girl! i've been waiting for you to get back to blogging! Love the quick catch up story.
Post a Comment