The main event around these parts is the warm temperatures!!! We're all making the most of the warm sunny days (because there is - like today - the occasional dip back into the 40s/50s). Camille has a newfound love of water...
And of running around in her 'birthday suit!' If she gets too wet or makes an unattended trip to the potty, she simply removes all clothing, deposits it on the stairs, and carries on about her day.
Other fun news was our haircut day! Maria finally gave up on growing her hair as long as the lady's hair at church. She wanted a cut that didn't require any barrettes, rubber bands, or bows. This meant bangs - which always makes me nervous - and it took a few days before they didn't look quite so... homely.
The best part is that for me, it eased the transition into 6. With her cute little bob, she looks more like my little 4 year old Maria than a big 6 year old!
(Somehow I managed a before picture of Ree but not Camilly... And an after picture of Camilly but not one of Maria!)
This was Camille's first haircut. Like, first ever haircut. I loved her bouncy little curl. But Dada has been after me for months to cut it. And he's right... and he's the one generally combing her hair at night. It was always tangly and she rarely let me fix it.
I didn't say a word, but of course, as soon as Maria's cut was finished, she climbed right up and declared it was her turn.
She spent most of the first 2 minutes with her eyes closed blissfully -in full Camille style- enjoying the experience. Then those 2 minutes ended. Not her haircut, you understand, but her blissful enjoyment of it. And so continued the fun of trying to cut a 2 year old's hair into a nice even bob as she squirmed and complained and asked if I was finished yet.
I love the results. It was hard at first. She looked soooo grown up. But now that I'm adjusted, I quite like the lack of fussing over hair each morning and evening. It suits her... and it's just as bouncy and swingy as before, just not as tangly!
We've also temporarily moved. Ok, not in real life, but we might as well have! We simply can't get enough of these chicks (or the mud/garden; see below). Every chance we find, we make our way over the bridge (which we can see China from :) ) to visit our little friends with a real yard and real chicks and who are, well, just true Anne of Green Gables type kindred spirits.
And this little one? Well, just the other day, she actually slowed down long enough to realize she could sit up. Miraculously I managed to capture her first little oh-so-proud-of-herself moment.
That very same day, she also figured out the whole standing thing. And while I quickly pushed the older 2 back down when they started standing, I'm helping her along as much as I can. I've decided that I'd rather chase a walker than fret over the cleanliness (or lack thereof) of my floors for a crawler - and one that slithers on her belly at that!
And when this wee one isn't splashing around in the water, hanging out in her birthday suit, or petting chicks, she can be found at the art table. (Sometimes the birthday suit and art table do go hand-in-hand.) While her first experience with glue ( a year or so ago) was not one of awe, she is now fascinated. I have no clue why I hang on to every scrap of paper that passes through our home (and it's a LOT), but for now, I'm glad I saved all those little scraps!
Anyway, that's my quick wrap up of our day in and day out goodness around these parts. Birthday happenings are soon to follow!










1 comment:
Camille looks so big. And when am I going to get off my butt and start one of these? I mean, I love reading yours and seeing what y'all are up too. Maria and those chicks;) James is trying so hard to convince me we need chickens, I'll pass!
-Sandra
Post a Comment