Growing up, I never knew that parents actually enjoyed school breaks/holidays as much as the kiddos. I mean, really, who knew?!
But it was oh, so glorious! A week of hanging around being goofy, hitting the beach/river on a relatively warm day, chickens and gardens and mud with friends, lazy pajama mornings in the middle of the week, the Living Museum, picnics, and library trips, and even sorting through the overflowing art bins.
We loved having our Maria around 24/7. And as much as I hate to admit it, one of the best parts is that she was equally happy to return to school. It is quite fun yet quite bittersweet to watch these wee ones grow!




1 comment:
Yes! No running around, no early morning wake ups, no worrying about getting homework done! Field trips! Welcome to the beauty of "Spring Break"!! Now...the long, long, long summer break might be a different story...but that is why they have camps! Lots of camps...until they become teens and then no one wants them anymore...but then there are jobs...yes jobs! We'll in that department right now...Riley = camp Madeleine = job (hopefully, no bites yet)
Post a Comment