Monday, June 24, 2013

tomato girl

17+ hours, one puke in the car moment (which I didn't have to clean up thanks to the amazing man I married), one 2a.m. hotel stop, two gorgeous rest area stops, I don't even want to count the potty stops... and we made it.  Here we find ourselves at Nana and Pa's soaking up the open green fields, the cousin love, and the good food (at least I am, they think the chicken nuggets taste the same regardless).


This girl here, well, she's not the biggest lover of the outdoors, open green fields or not.  More often than not she heads outside with us only to say, "I think I'll go back inside."  Back in she goes to sing and play with her little fairies or Mickey Mouse gang.  

So when Nana asked her if she wanted to go pick tomatoes, I wished her luck.  However, I'm glad I grabbed my camera just in case... because apparently, this girl is serious about her tomatoes.  And they are her tomatoes.








She picked with a fervor and was ever so proud to show off the spoils of her work.  It was adorable.  And in that special way of Camilly's, it was also ever so funny.  She turns everything into a good laugh...even plain old tomato picking on a hot afternoon in June.  She is a gift. 

Then she went back for more.  They had to hunt a bit, but eventually some were found that could be taken in to ripen.  (Otherwise the bugs around here eat them alive and no one else gets to enjoy them.)




No comments: